The Best Diet Trick Ever - Drink Water Lose Weight
We all know that the humble H20 is good for hydration, but many people don’t understand fully the basic plan of drink water, lose weight. What is especially significant about this diet plan specifically, is that it is readily available and involves very little cost.
So, how can drinking water actually benefit your weight loss goals?
There are a multitude of studies and general findings that indicate various benefits of drinking water as an aid to weight loss. Some of which we have listed below.
- Studies have shown that drinking water can increase the number of calories that you burn off 
- One study looking at the effects of water intake in overweight women showed that by increasing water consumption to over one litre per day, resulted in an additional weight loss of 2kg over a 12-month period . These results were simply by drinking more water, not with a combination of diet and exercise. Imagine what you could accomplish with some of that added as well.
- Other general studies and findings have indicated significant reductions in weight, waist circumferences, body mass index (BMI), and body fat.
- Some studies have indicated that for older adults, drinking water prior to a meal can help reduce your appetite, reduce calories intake, and help you to lose weight. One such study proved success of this with participants shedding up to 2kg over a 12-week period .
The amount of water you need to consume can vary from person to person. However, most health practitioners will recommend you aim for two litres of water per day. Sweating, heavy exercise, and breastfeeding can of course call for more water intake. Always respond to your body’s signs for hydration and drink when you are thirsty.
Remember, there are other ways to consume water nutritionally. Fresh fruits, vegetables, and natural herbal teas are some other tasty ways you can enjoy some H20 for a bit of variety.
Here are a few quick tips on how you might successfully boost your weight loss by drinking water:
- Drinking cold water makes your body burn off extra calories as it needs to warm the water up to body temperature.
- Choose water with your meals above other tempting beverages like fizzy drinks and sugary juices. This is especially important for children, as it is known introducing them to good habits will stay with them long-term.
- To help speed up your metabolism, add a generous squeeze of lemon to your water. Lemon has many other health benefits too!
- Per the studies, have a glass of water before every meal.
- Instead of grabbing for a sugary mess with no nutritional value (fizzy drinks), mix it up with a nice cup of Bondi Beach Tea.We have a blend available for every occasion.
Keep your body fresh and hydrated. Drink your share of water and enjoy the benefits that come with it naturally. Take a look at our Bondi Beach Tea Co. range of teas online.
 Department of Human Nutrition, Foods and Exercise, Virginia Tech: Water consumption increases weight loss during a hypocaloric diet intervention in middle-aged and older adults.
 Children’s Hospital Oakland Research Institute, California: Drinking water is associated with weight loss in overweight dieting women independent of diet and activity.
 Department of Human Nutrition, Foods and Exercise, Virginia Polytechnic Institute: Pre-meal water consumption reduces meal energy intake in older but not younger subjects.