The Benefits of Jojoba Oil for Your Skin
There are an abundance of oils, potions and lotions that you can slather on your body, but not are all as good as humble jojoba oil. Bondi Beach Tea Co.’s newly released Organic Matcha Mint Body Scrub may not be the first thing you think of when it comes to jojoba oil, but I’m here to tell you that it happens to be one of the shining stars amongst this body scrub’s list of ingredients.
Okay, so why do I think jojoba oil so amazing?
Jojoba oil, which is actually pronounced ho ho ba for the newbies, is an all-natural oil that penetrates deep into the layers of the skin for pure hydration.
Our skin is comprised of natural wax esters referred to as sebum, which locks the moisture away into our skin to prevent it from drying and helping it to stay healthy. As we grow older, our production of sebum declines which brings about the onset of fine lines, wrinkles, and dry and sagging skin. Jojoba oil is unique to other oils as it is structurally and chemically similar to our very own sebum. Due to this, jojoba oil is a very good addition to your beauty regime as our pores allow it to sink deep within, giving off similar qualities to sebum by mimicking our natural oils that uphold the health and beauty of our skin.
Jojoba oil benefits for skin
Jojoba oil has an impressive list of ingredients advantageous for your skin:
- Full of essential fatty acids omega-6 and omega-9
- Contains antioxidants
- Rich in vitamins A, D and E
Jojoba oil benefits include:
- An ability to regenerate skin cells by providing extra moisture and essential nutrients
- The fatty acids, combined with Docosanol, have antiviral properties that help to repair damaged skin cells
- Antioxidants help to ward off free radicals and premature signs of ageing
- Balances oily skin as your body believes it has made enough sebum to see it through
- Hydrates dry skin
- Jojoba oil is antibacterial which can help to fight off fungal infections
- Especially beneficial to people who suffer from body acne as it does not clog the pores like some other oils
- Jojoba oil can also target cellulite!
Jojoba oil is a truly amazing, all-natural oil that can be used in several applications, but the most popular is as a skin moisturiser. The geniuses at Bondi Beach Tea Co. were certainly onto something when they added this power-packed, advantageous oil into their jar of body scrub goodness.
After using the Organic Matcha Mint Body Scrub your body feels like you have had a polish and a wax with a beautifully-enriched aroma, and with all of the benefits of organic jojoba oil.
If you are looking for a good reason to kick-off your beauty regime with a good quality body scrub this Summer, look no further than Bondi Beach Tea Co.’s Organic Matcha Mint Body Scrub. It’s a little jar of body bliss ready to rejuvenate your skin cells in an instant. Check out the full list of ingredients online here and grab your jar of body goodness too.