The Benefits of Himalayan Salt for Your Skin
Himalayan salt comes from deep within the mountainous regions of the Himalayas, which is home to some of the highest mountains in the world. This salt is used in exotic body scrubs and bathing experiences, and for centuries has been celebrated for its versatility in culinary, cosmetics and health uses.
The pretty pink colouring of Himalayan salt and its crystalline beauty sets it apart from its white salt cousins. It is better for you in replace of white table salt as it contains more nutrients and minerals, including calcium, potassium, iron, and magnesium, which can be absorbed into your body very quickly from this pure form.
You may also recognise Himalayan salt as the awe-inspiring pink rock feature often found in prize position on tables in homes and offices as salt lamps.
When I found out that our team at Bondi Beach Tea Co. wanted to feature Himalayan salt in our freshly released Organic Matcha Mint Body Scrub, I was excited about the news.
Hundreds of years ago, Himalayan salt was served only to royalty, but these days we as humble class humans can experience the benefits of this salt as well.
Benefits of Himalayan salt for your skin
Some of the reasons why we added Himalayan salt to our Organic Matcha Mint Body Scrub:
- Just like our detoxifying teas do for your insides, Himalayan salts cleanse and detoxify the skin, making it feel smoother, softer and cleaner.
- When these pink gems are added to your bath, it feels like you are soaking in the magical waters of the Himalayas.
- The nutrients contained within the salt are released once it hits warm water, which makes your body scrub and bathing experience even more beneficial for your skin.
- Himalayan salt also contains healing properties and are often a good remedy for dry skin conditions, psoriasis, and acne.
- Himalayan salts in a warm bath might also help to relieve PMS, stress and tension, which can also help to give you a better night’s rest.
When used as a body scrub, Himalayan salt can help to exfoliate the dead skin cells from the surface of your skin and provide the benefits mentioned above for deeper within.
Combined with the other amazing, 100% organic ingredients of jojoba oil, coconut oil, rapadura sugar, matcha green tea, peppermint oil, almond oil, and cacao nibs, it is no wonder our new Organic Matcha Mint Body Scrub is proving to be so popular.
You can order our new body scrub in a cute shower-friendly bottle, or order in a convenient zip lock pouch and get into the benefits of Himalayan salt for yourself.
Check out more about our new body scrub, and our detoxifying tea blends, online here. Why don’t you make a natural power-packed gift for someone special this Christmas time! Take a look at all of our products available online now.