3 Healthy and Tasty Herbal Tea Summer Smoothie Recipes
With summer upon us, not everyone wants to enjoy their herbal tea hot. The great news; tea can be just as tasty hot as it is cold, especially with these herbal tea summer smoothie recipes!
As busy as Santa and his elves are at this time of the year, our savvy crew at Bondi Beach Tea Co. have been at it again. Whipping up a storm in the Bondi kitchen of goodness, we have come up with three amazing summer smoothie recipes, packed with the added benefits of our organic herbal tea ingredients.
If you love your herbal tea but not so much in the middle of a heatwave, then straddle up the blender for these summer taste sensations.
Summer herbal tea smoothie recipes
The best part about our herbal tea smoothies are they are made with Bondi Beach Tea Co.’s all-natural ingredients. With the added benefits of fresh fruit and ingredients like coconut water and almond milk, our smoothies will have you falling in love with tea all over again.
1. The very berry blast – featuring organic acai berry, kale and banana
This smoothie recipe combines banana flavour with the sweet, rich burst of berries and kale as an undetectable super additive. It makes a sweet, juicy smoothie that dances on the tastebuds.
- 1 ripe banana, peeled (use fresh, frozen banana if you like your smoothie really cold)
- 1/3 cup of blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/3 cup of strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- ½ cup of kale leaves (stalks removed)
- ¼ cup of almond milk or water
- 1 tblsp of ground flaxseeds
- 1 tblsp of hemp powder
- 1 tblsp of chia seeds (black or white are okay)
- 1 tblsp of Bondi Beach Tea Organic Acai Berry Air Dried Micro Fine Powder
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
Place all the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
If you like your smoothie less thick, just add a little more of the almond milk or water towards the end. If you like a smoothie recipe with a little more crunch, you can add some extra chia seeds, rolled outs or hemp seeds as a garnish on the top. If using non-frozen fruit, we recommend adding a little crushed ice into the mix too.
We love this smoothie recipe as you can use fresh or frozen fruit, so you can have those ingredients on hand in the freezer all summer long. Kale can also be chopped and frozen into ice cubes to pop out and use anytime. This smoothie is a perfect, hassle-free combination.
* Bondi fast fact: acai berries were named after anthocyanins; powerful antioxidants contained in the berries which give them their vibrant red colour. These antioxidants are also found in red wine. Anthocyanins contain properties traditionally known for anti-ageing, energy-enhancing, healing and immune-boosting benefits.
2. Match it with matcha – featuring pineapple, mango and coconut
This is a healthy green fusion of fruit and spinach with a subtle flavour of matcha green tea and the bonus of antioxidants. This summer smoothie recipe is sweet, refreshingly cold and utterly delicious. It is raw, vegan-friendly and gluten-free.
- 1 ¼ cups of frozen diced mango (or the flesh of one fresh mango)
- 1 ¼ cups of pineapple pieces (fresh or frozen)
- 1 peeled, frozen banana cut into pieces
- 1 cup of plain coconut water (we like our coconut water chilled)
- 100g of baby spinach
- 1 ½ tsp of Bondi Pure Green Organic Matcha Green Tea
Pour the coconut water into a blender, followed by the spinach and matcha. Then add the banana, mango and pineapple at the top. Blend all ingredients until smooth.
If using fresh fruit, just add a little crushed ice to make the smoothie refreshingly cold.
Note, this smoothie recipe is quite large so is ideal for sharing. It is best consumed fresh and unfortunately it won’t keep in the fridge as the ingredients will oxidise over time. We recommend you drink it immediately after blending.
3. The chai tri – featuring mango, banana and chai
Spice it up with this sweet, smooth recipe featuring the beautiful scent and flavour of chai tea. Who would have thought chai could feature in a summer smoothie recipe?
- 1 heaped cupful of frozen mango chunks
- 1 ½ cups of almond milk (chilled almond milk is perfect for summer smoothie recipes)
- 1 peeled, frozen banana cut into pieces
- ½ tsp of Bondi Organic Spiced Chai Latte
Simply add all the ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth.
This summer smoothie recipe is fast, tasty and is great to enjoy at lunch time for a quick pick-me-up by the pool. Add a sprig of fresh mint and a twisted orange peel on the side of your glass as the perfect garnish.
* Bondi fast fact: chai ingredients are traditionally renowned for their detoxification and cleansing properties and can help to rid the body of bad bacteria. Traditionally, the benefits of chai spices also including being anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant, promoting digestion and boosting metabolism.
Tea does not just need to be enjoyed hot or out of a teapot. Our Bondi Beach Tea Co. herbal tea blends make the perfect addition to summer smoothie recipes that can be enjoyed when the going gets hot!
Our teas are all-natural and are made just the way nature intended. No nasty additives or laxatives. For more detail on our full range of tea blends, including our new release superfood teas – shop online here!
Do you have your own summer smoothie recipe you have mastered with our Bondi Beach Tea Co. blends? Please leave us a comment below as we would love to hear from you! Sharing is caring… 😊