2 Quick Tea Recipes to Kick-Start Your Detox Day!
It goes without saying that while you’re underway on your detox journey, you need to ensure you remain fully hydrated to boot all those bad guy toxins and waste out of your body.
The optimal rate of fluid consumption is at least two litres a day, and this can be achieved not only through plain old H20 but also through sources of fresh fruit and vegetables offering a high-water content, as well as herbal teas.
Herbal teas provide plenty of healthy and happy benefits for your body that include mood-boosting, cleansing and alkalizing factors.
Clearly the tea blends we offer at Bondi Beach Tea Co. are excellent, however, if you’d like to change it up a bit and get creative in the kitchen, we think you should totally go for it! This will only further heighten your love affair of herbal teas. So, we’ve provided two quick herbal tea combinations you might like to give a try.
TEA BLEND NUMBER ONE
- Green Tea:green leaf contains theanine, which is an amino acid upholding stress-reduction properties and an enhancement of brainpower. It contains a host of antioxidants offering up the benefits for weight loss and anti-viral properties, helps to decrease arthritis and reduces blood pressure.
- Chamomile:used for its calming effect on the digestive and nervous system. Recuperates and soothes muscles throughout the digestive
- Rosehip:usually more well-known for skincare, rosehip is one of the greatest plant sources of vitamin C, playing a vital role in the health of the immune system, skin and tissue wellness as well as adrenal function.
- Hibiscus:full of antioxidants that help to get rid of destructive molecules that can harm our cells and offers a defence against chronic disease. Antioxidants are known to help reverse inflammatory processes that are caused by toxins.
- 1 tsp green tea
- 1 tsp dried rosehip
- 1 tsp chamomile flowers
- 1 tsp dried hibiscus
Simply add all tea ingredients into a teapot with 2 cups boiling water. Steep for 3-4 minutes.
TEA BLEND NUMBER TWO
- Ginger:a stimulant for circulatory purposes, warming, and indorses blood flow through the body.
- White Tea:much like green tea as they actually come from the same plant. White tea apparently has a greater amount of antioxidants due to its earlier harvest.
- Cinnamon:smells great, cinnamon is known for controlling blood sugar levels and reduces stress levels and inflammation.
- Lemon:with an abundance of vitamin C, and offering up excellent digestive powers, lemon has a lengthy list of beneficial properties.
- Honey:great for the immune system, honey can assist to rejuvenate the digestive tract and ease stress in the body.
- 1 tsp white tea
- approx5cm of fresh ginger, grated or sliced
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 fresh lemon, sliced
- 1 tsp honey
These tea blends can be fun to play with and offer up the opportunity to experiment with the herbs that we at Bondi Beach Tea Co. have come to love so much.